Predators Salty Trade Block

Get the inside scoop from Dreger, LeBrun, Ward, and more!
Predators
EHE Director

Predators Salty Trade Block

Post by Predators » Sat. Mar. 30, 2024 4:25 pm

Predators are convinced the sim is operating in bizzaro world this season. When you got teams with bare bone rosters at the top of the standings, and well built teams barely sniffing the playoff line, I have no one to blame but our boy SimonT

After a disappointing 12-12-4 start, and frustration from year to year as the team can't seem to ever gel on the ice, I think it is time for changes in order to reconstruct the blueprint of this franchise and try and develop chemistry the sim says you need in order to be successful in this virtual hockey world where nothing really makes sense. So I am planning to make my team WORSE so that it can play better, because SimonT mawfawking said so.

Sidney Crosby
Yes, the lifelong Pred and captain of this team is open to trade discussion. I genuinely believe he prevents McDavid from playing to his full Sim™ potential. In the real world I would never consider this, but in the sim world where only one player is allowed to be good it seems, I will entertain moving Crosby, preferably for a #1 defenseman. Crosby is still elite and on a great contract, so he's not being 'sold' for spare parts.

Vladimir Tarasenko - traded
I'd be open to moving him for a lesser talented and cheaper winger. And that winger will probably even perform better than Tarasenko despite a reduction in rating because the sim said that is what is most logical.

Tom Wilson
Good rating, great contract. Good looking - yes, you want him because he will attract all the puck bunnies to your rink which will increase your revenue. I am looking for a hockey deal for him, a center or a defenseman.

Damon Severson
Like Crosby, Severson is also a lifelong Pred. He's on a great team friendly multi-year deal. This poor fella has endured his entire career in misery on the underachieving Preds. I would swap him for another defenseman of RFA age.

Shayne Gostisbehere
My boy Ghost is a favourite of mine. But he's a pending UFA, so I have to be open to potentially moving him.

Cam Atkinson - traded
It hasn't worked here. He's still signed beyond this year. He is also available perhaps for a lesser rated player that is under more control. Remember folks, having a worse rated team means more success in the EHE.

Primary Needs:

#1 Defenseman
2nd Pairing Defenseman
Picks and Prospects (Let's face it, this season is looking a bit lost, so I'm open to make deals that would help re-tool this roster for next season)

I am open to discussions on pretty much everyone except McDavid, Nylander and Wolf. The players listed though will be easier to negotiate for, however.

totankaa
General Manager

Re: Predators Salty Trade Block

Post by totankaa » Sat. Mar. 30, 2024 5:31 pm

very dissapointed about ur whole article in here eric it sounds like teams like the blues jets sabres vegas seattle rangers wild DONT deserve the success this year so far and u blame simont for it somehow MAYBE ur team is not built well enough ???!!!! u have SUPERSUPERSTARS on ur team like crosby mcdavid nylander tarasenko and very good rated defenders but maybe u have too many of them and there is just no chemistry between them not only this year.......

Predators
EHE Director

Post by Predators » Sat. Mar. 30, 2024 7:11 pm

totankaa wrote:
Sat. Mar. 30, 2024 5:31 pm
very dissapointed about ur whole article in here eric it sounds like teams like the blues jets sabres vegas seattle rangers wild DONT deserve the success this year so far and u blame simont for it somehow MAYBE ur team is not built well enough ???!!!! u have SUPERSUPERSTARS on ur team like crosby mcdavid nylander tarasenko and very good rated defenders but maybe u have too many of them and there is just no chemistry between them not only this year.......
I did not mention any specific teams in my trade block in that matter, Harald. But yes, thank you for reiterating the intention of my block, that maybe having too many good players is a bad thing in SimonT's world.

This is suppose to be MY salty thread, not yours!

totankaa
General Manager

Post by totankaa » Sat. Mar. 30, 2024 11:54 pm

HAHAHAH eric have a happy easter bunny i know u are always sarcastic:) but what i wrote i meant it also a little serious ;)

Predators
EHE Director

Post by Predators » Fri. Apr. 26, 2024 2:31 pm

Bump.

Preds need to make a big move. There's no chemistry with this current roster.