Holidays & Sim Schedule 12/23-1/6

Essential information & updates
Kevin
EHE Founder

Holidays & Sim Schedule 12/23-1/6

Post by Kevin » Sun. Dec. 23, 2018 12:55 am

The holidays are just about upon us, which usually means an opportunity for doing maintenance on the league and the site and then not accomplishing nearly as much as I want to. ;)

We will be hitting the holiday break in the schedule after Sunday night's games. This is no different than any other break that we have had in the past. There is a roster freeze to encourage everyone to take time away from being a manager for a couple days and just enjoy the times. This freeze will last from 10pm ET on December 23 thru 8am ET on December 27, even though games resume on December 26. Anyone placed on waivers on December 23 will not clear until December 26. Any injured players DO continue to heal during this time.

Among some things that I hope to accomplish...

I'm going to be changing the attendance formula to hopefully reflect more accurate "fan interest.". If all goes well, teams with better players should have a little bit more drawing power than those who are scraping the barrel. Once again, teams are rewarded for making an effort to win, rather than perpetually rebuild.

League settings will be slightly tweaked for more realistic results. (This regularly occurs throughout every season anyway.) Right now things seem a bit top heavy. I am likely going to be dropping the SC and PA ratings universally for defensemen by one point. FG ratings will definitely be altered as well.

I'll be running a security update to the forum, which usually never seems to go well. I hope things go smoothly this time!

Schedule changes... shocker!

Sim Schedule

I have a pretty good idea of what my schedule will be over the next two weeks. Of course there is likely to be a change at some point but here's how it's shaping up:

Simulation schedule subject to change.

Sun. 12/23 - 8pm EST
Mon. 12/24 - no games
Tue. 12/25 - no games
Wed. 12/26 - 10pm EST
Thu. 12/27 - 10pm EST
Fri. 12/28 - 10pm EST
Sat. 12/29 - 8pm EST

Sun. 12/30 - 8pm EST
Mon. 12/31 - 8pm EST (It's NYE. You know how this goes. It's very tentative!)
Tue. 1/1 - 8pm EST
Wed. 1/2 - 10pm EST
Thu. 1/3 - 10pm EST
Fri. 1/4 - 10pm EST
Sat. 1/5 - 8pm EST

Sun. 1/6 - 8pm EST

After this, it's a really hairy week for me. I'm going out on 1/7, 1/8, and 1/12, so we'll see how that goes.