2023 Free Agency: RFA Signing

Essential information & updates
Kevin
EHE Founder

2023 Free Agency: RFA Signing

Post by Kevin » Sat. Dec. 23, 2023 4:18 am

You may now begin tendering offers to your restricted free agents and for submitting an offer sheet to an RFA of another team, if you wish. Remember, you do not have to re-sign any of your RFAs if you do not want to.

I have prepared a complete list of restricted free agents (by team) at the following link:
http://www.elitehockeysim.com/File/2023 ... 4-RFA.html

This list should be used only as a guideline. Please report any errors that you may find! There are also players currently listed who have been deactivated and cannot be re-signed. These are marked as "Tender?" Please let me know if you wish to retain or waive their signing rights if they become eligible to be reactivated.

You will need to review the CBA to determine whether the minimum you need to raise a player's contract is 10% or the Fair Market Value (FMV). The FMV chart is updated to reflect this season's ratings.

Unlike entry-level contracts and UFA signing, the ONLY way that you can lower a player's base salary through signing bonuses is if the FMV would give the player more than a 10% raise over last season's salary. In other words, an RFA's minimum base salary must always be at least 10% above their previous salary, regardless of signing bonus scenarios.

When you are ready to submit your RFA contract offers, you must use the sim client software, through the free agents button on your team overview. After you have input your offers, you must save your team file and upload it to the league server in order for them to be considered as tendered. If you are unable to do this, please contact me immediately.

Since it's the holiday season, I will announce a deadline on Boxing Day for when these offers are due. For now, it's only preferred that you submit your offers sooner than later. Especially any offer sheets you are considering issuing.

Any players left unsigned will become unrestricted free agents. If you need additional time to submit your offers, please contact me directly.

PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS in this thread!

Kevin
EHE Founder

Re: 2023 Free Agency: RFA Signing

Post by Kevin » Tue. Dec. 26, 2023 9:53 pm

We're in decent shape for the cutoff for offer sheets to be Wednesday night. There are only a few GMs who I need to reach out to who I haven't heard from.

Kevin
EHE Founder

Post by Kevin » Thu. Dec. 28, 2023 2:18 pm

The offer sheet submission window has now closed. Results of offer sheets will be announced once the remaining couple of teams have submitted their RFA offers. These are still pending until then.

I'd like for the remaining RFA offers to be done by tonight if possible. The true cutoff for submitting RFA offers will be Friday, December 29 at 10pm EST. You will still have an opportunity to make corrections after that.

Kevin
EHE Founder

Post by Kevin » Tue. Jan. 16, 2024 8:44 pm

A little bit of housekeeping that I forgot to do a couple weeks ago...

The following players accepted offer sheets. Their team GMs were notified of the details of the offer sheet, their right to match and option for compensation.

Jack Hughes - by CBJ - MATCHED by PHI
David Pastrňák - by TOR - MATCHED by DAL